Charade
Appearances are only a façade: Smile, be strong, brave, confident.
What if it doesn’t work? My last chance, impending doom,
hope lost, let down friends and family, $40,000 worth of debt,
no more teaching, appeal process of social security, losing my students, my independence,
back on morphine, liver damage, and kidney damage.
What kind of life is left for my husband, my son?
…PAIN, DESPAIR…
It has to work, it will work there are no other options
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Allison, I'm so incredibly moved by everything you've been writing, and I beleive that one of the reasons your posts are so powerful is because of your honesty. I can't imagine thinking and feeling all of the things that you voice here. If you can be an inspiration to us, your classmates who haven't even met you, I can't imagine the impact your having on your students, friends and family members.
ReplyDelete