Truthfully, I never have the urge to sit down and write. Creative ideas do not come naturally to me. Not once in my entire thirty-four years have I wrote about something other than a list for the grocery store, a list of things to do, or something to do with my curriculum.
With that being said, the only idea that came to me, when forcing myself to think, was when my friend told me about what her five year said to a student yesterday, “you have nice boobs”!
So I began thinking about all the things that I have heard five year olds say:
“Let’s get naked and dance!”
“Edward Cullen is smokin’ hot!”
“Son of a bitch”
“FFFF….”
“I’m Bobby Flay and this is a throw down!”
SCARY the things kids will say even when they have no idea what they mean!
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I wish I had written down the things my children said when they were little. Some of things were so cute! At the time you think you will not forget. How could you? There is so much love in your heart and they are so precious. But then you get busy and time passes and you don't write it down and then years have gone by and it's forgotten. So writing would have been a good habit for me, but I never developed it. And my minor was journalism!
ReplyDeleteI have posted twice before to you, but see they don't appear now. I wonder what I did wrong. Anyway it seems to be working now.
ReplyDeleteI forgot to tell you: I really like your picture of the butterfly. I studied the migration of the Monarch butterfly with the leading Monarch expert in North America, Karen Oberhauser at the University of MN. I love butterflies. One summer I raised over 150 in my living room! I know that sounds like I'm a crazy lady with too many cats but none the less, it is true.
ReplyDeletehilarious! My mom has done daycare out of her home for the past 17 years and she keeps a mental record of some of the rediculous things kids say or how they pronounce something! It's so sweet and funny!
ReplyDeleteIt's true that children say the funniest things. My three and a half year old daughter, for instance, wanted to name her sister either "Piner" (pronounced: pee-ner) or "PorkChop"...the thing is, she's still trying to suggest names, even though her sister has a name (and has had a name for over two weeks now!).
ReplyDeleteI think my favorite comment is the Bobby Flay Throw down one!
Hahaha that is great! My favorite quote is "Im Bobby Flay and this is a throw down!". lol, too cute:)
ReplyDelete