Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Initial Thoughts...
A teacher does not necessarily mean that the teacher can do something but they can teach someone else how to do something. For example: A music teacher may know how to teach me how to read music and play an instrument without actually being able to play the instrument themselves. That is how I feel this class is for me. You are asking me to do something that I am uncomfortable doing and truly haven't been taught how to. I read this assignment and told my husband that I want to cry. For me writing is a means to an end, a way to report data and become efficeient in relaying information. I don't want to share my thoughts, they are for my brain and my brain alone. If you ask me to do a literature review or a research paper that would be easier for me then for me to be creative.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Allison, so great to meet you and I completely understand your anxiety for this long-term assignment. While I tend to be more creative, I actually hate the thought of blogging, tweeting, texting, facebook-ing (if that's even a word!), as I'm not a tech type person. But I think that there's something for me to learn here, to stretch myself and appreciate technology, even though I may not desire it for my personal use. Thanks for the post and be encouraged because I think your writing pieces are great!!!
ReplyDeleteAllison,
ReplyDeleteAs another left-brained person, writing terrifies me. I'm glad to know that we are in the same boat though (it somehow doesn't seem so insurmountable). This class is definitly going to be my Everest, but I'm excited to take the challenge. Thanks for sharing.
Matt, I like the analogy of Everest...Well said!
ReplyDeleteAllison, I agree with you...I am not a blogger or tweeter or plurker and I do feel a bit uncomfortable and feel like Im clicking in circles setting up my first blog. If its any encouragement I think your blog looks great and you seem to know exactly what you're doing! I look forward to talking more with you in this class:)
ReplyDelete